About Our Office Location

banner001     Erected in 1926, 70 Niagara Street was built in the Italian Renaissance Style by architects August Esenwein and James A. Johnson. The building was originally occupied by the Schoelkopf, Hutton & Pomeroy Investment Bank, a private entity which ultimately evolved into the Niagara Share Corp, an investment fund. Other building occupants have included Crescent Niagara Corp. (maker of the crescent wrench), Transcontinent Television Corp., and the law firm of Cohen, Swados, Wright, Hanifan, & Brett, a veteran law firm that disbanded in 2001.

     The exterior of the building features intricate details above the windows and main entrance, including urns set directly in the façade of the fourth floor, and a semicircular window with decorative cast iron work set above the front door. Marble walls and staircases decorate the interior of the building and many of the offices. Two interesting historical features of the building are located within the Baritot firm’s offices on the third floor: the original Schoellkopf, Hutton & Pomeroy Investment Bank’s telegraph room and the trading floor, which in its day was a mini-version of the New York Stock Exchange. In 2003 the law firm of Stenger & Finnerty renovated the entire space on the third floor. When the firm disbanded, Rebecca Baritot remained in the historically preserved office space, which is within walking distance of all courts in downtown Buffalo.

142_exterior-1Front doors 1

 Becky's fireplace            IMG_20160415_131120

Archetics drawing 3rd fl-1

Atchetics drawing 3rd fl-2